The below has basic instructions for setting up the Cron In a Cpanel.
- Firstly go to the Cron Area in your Cpanel
- In the Add New Cron Job Area, Drop down Common Setting to Once Per Five Minutes (*/5 * * * *) This set the cron to run every 5 minutes
- In the Command Field put in one of these (the exact one depends on your server setup, you could ask your host which you need or try them all on at a time)
- */5 * * * * /bin/sh /[magento_path]/cron.sh
- */5 * * * * /bin/bash /[magento_path]/cron.sh
- */5 * * * * /usr/bin/php /[magento_path]/cron.php
- */5 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -f /[magento_path]/cron.php
- Personally I aslo add >/dev/null 2>&1 to the end of the command line so that and email isn’t sent out every 5 minute on execution of the cron.